Group Bookings Policy
Group Bookings Policy
Milford Sound Lodge is proud to offer both New Zealanders and travellers from all over the world a special experience in a remote wilderness location. Whilst it is a pleasure to host you at the Milford Sound Lodge and we wish you a fantastic stay, groups do have an impact on our small accommodation and therefore we have designed the policies below to ensure a successful stay for you, our other guests, and our team.
Bookings of 4 of more chalets is termed a group booking at Milford Sound Lodge.
- Milford Sound Lodge reserves the right to refuse bookings or check in to any group they believe may be disruptive to other guests
- Principal Guest - Reservations are a contract between Milford Sound Lodge and the person named on the reservation and is not transferable to any other person. This means that the named person must occupy the room/site booked for the duration of the contract and is ultimately responsible for all occupants and visitors. For group bookings this means one person is ultimately responsible/liable for group behaviour and damage. Management reserves the right to cancel any group booking where we believe the guest has misled staff about who is part of the group or the nature of their stay.
- Group dining policy - Groups often book a significant number of our chalets that would normally choose to dine at our onsite restaurant, Pio Pio which offers an excellent dining experience. To ensure our restaurant is not financially adversely affected by group bookings, we only accept group bookings of 4 or more chalets on the basis that the group dine at our restaurant, minimum of 2 courses, main and entrée or dessert for each guest staying, each night.
- Noise policy - To protect our quiet, wilderness experience we do not permit BBQ’s, loud music or any excessive noise that may cause disruption to our other guests. Please refer to our Conduct & Noise policy on our Terms of Trade page.
- Alcohol policy - Our Pio Pio Restaurant offers an excellent range of local and NZ alcoholic beverages and BYO is not permitted. BYO may be consumed, with respect for others, in rooms, campers and in our communal guest kitchen/dining areas but please refrain from consuming in public outdoor areas. Intoxicated or people under 18 years of age are not permitted to consume alcohol on our premises in any capacity. Please refer to our Health & Safety policy on our Terms of Trade page.
- Fishing groups policy - Please let our team know if you are planning on bringing a boat onto our site so we can ensure we have space available. Please do not operate freezers, compressors on our site due to the noise disturbance this creates. Storage or preparation of seafood in rooms or maintenance of dive gear is not permitted in our chalets and may trigger our extra cleaning policy below. All seafood and fishing gear must be stored securely and out of the way of other guests. Fishing gear is best left onboard the boats and seafood stored in chilli-bins, not in the rooms please. Please see our team if additional storage is required.
- Damage + additional costs policy - We take great care and pride in the standard of our chalets and communal facilities. Please treat our accommodation with respect. Any damage or extra cleaning required in your accommodation or elsewhere on site may be charged at a minimum of 1 night accommodation, the cost of the damage and the cost of each subsequent night the accommodation/room is unavailable for guest occupancy. Please refer to our Damage & Additional Costs policy on our Terms of Trade page.
- Payment policy - By accepting our group agreement you also accept that credit card details for the group will be kept and authorised to charge as required. Please refer to our Reservations Policy
- on our Terms of Trade page.
- Cancellation/refund policy – Milford Sound Lodge is a boutique property in a remote location and therefore last-minute cancellations of rooms are difficult for us to sell. Please advise us more than 7 days prior to your arrival of full or part cancellation for a full refund, within 7 days of your arrival there will be no refund available. We strongly advise guests to take out adequate travel insurance to protect themselves against unexpected changes to their travel plans.
We hope that you enjoy your stay at Milford Sound Lodge, and we appreciate your understanding of the above.