LATEST COVID-19 UPDATES
Since late March, New Zealand’s team of 5 million have sacrificed a lot to battle Covid-19 together. As we move to Level 2 and our Lodge re-opens, we think it’s important to share with you how we intend on keeping you and our team safe at our Lodge.
What safety measures will the Lodge have in place under Level 2 – Play it Safe?
Together with our team and taking on board best practice industry guidelines we have developed a thorough Covid-19 safety plan. The key strategies we have in place to minimise the risk of any guest or team member coming into contact with Covid-19 are:
- Minimal direct guest contact
- Minimal imminent contact with communal surfaces
- Clear and concise signage and information on expectations and policies
- Available sanitary and PPE for team and guests to manage sanitary expectations
As follows are some of the safety operating procedures together we will all be following on site:
- We will limit all face to face interaction between team members and guests whilst offering as close to a true Milford Lodge experience as possible.
- We expect physical distancing of guests outside of ‘bubbles’ to remain at 2 meters.
- Any guests feeling unwell please stay at home. You can cancel for a full refund or re-book for another date but please do not arrive feeling unwell.
- Any guest who starts to feel unwell whilst onsite is required to self-isolate immediately by driving to Te Anau to see a doctor or call Healthline (0800 358 5453) for support. Unfortunately we do not have the facilities in remote Milford Sound to facilitate self-isolation.
- Any team member feeling unwell will be immediately removed using our isolation procedure.
- We will have disinfectant spray, hand sanitiser and hand wash available in all communal spaces.
- The rooms and communal spaces will be cleaned to our COVID-19 standards which include team members using PPE when appropriate, surfaces and touchpoints are cleaned with viruclear, a product designed to kill almost all traces of viruses.
- We will use both our own reservations system and the NZ government recommended app for contact tracing for both guests and team members.
- Signage and information on our expectations and requirements are communicated ahead of time and displayed to both team and guests onsite.
- Our team will manage their free time responsibly, in line with our policy and the NZ government COVID-19 recommendations and requirements.
- We will remain up-to-date and vigilant with the government’s advisory website to ensure we are doing our best to protect our team and our guests.
What if I have to cancel?
We can’t remember a more unsettled time for travel which is why from now until the beginning of October, we have a simple 24 hour cancellation policy in place. If your plans change let us know the day before and we will refund you in full. One less thing to worry about.
Milford Road Access
In February the Fiordland region and in particular, the Milford Road experienced a significant weather event. For a time road access was restricted but it is now open to all drivers to access Milford Sound. You will come across some roadworks which may require you to stop and wait to pass, but nothing too significant. We would recommend you leave slightly earlier to accommodate any wait times.
The Milford Road access, as per normal, is subject to weather and road conditions. To check if the Milford Road is open today click here