Latest Covid-19 Update
Since late March, New Zealand’s team of 5 million have sacrificed a lot to battle Covid-19 together and the country now currently sits at Alert Level 1.
At Alert Level 1, everyone can return without restriction to work, school, sports and domestic travel, and you can get together with as many people as you want. Controls at the borders remain for those entering New Zealand, including health screening and testing for all arrivals, and mandatory 14-day managed quarantine or isolation.
At Level 2, business can open to the public if following public health guidance including physical distancing and record keeping. Alternative ways of working are encouraged where possible.
For more information on this, see the Covid-19 government site.
What if I have to cancel?
Please see our most up-to-date cancellation and refund policy here.
We think it’s important to share with you how we intend to keep you safe and our team safe at Milford Sound Lodge.
Together with our team and taking on board best practice industry guidelines we have developed a thorough Covid-19 safety plan.
Under Alert Level 1, these include:
- Any guest who starts to feel unwell whilst onsite is required to self-isolate immediately in their room/van with their bubble and contact reception via email. We will call Healthline and follow their instructions. As we do not have long-term self-isolating facilities for guests, it is likely you will be asked to drive back to Te Anau to continue the process.
- Any team member feeling unwell will be immediately removed using our isolation procedure.
- Signage and information on our expectations and requirements are communicated ahead of time and displayed to both team and guests onsite.
In addition to the above, Under Alert Level 2 also includes:
- Scanning/checking in is mandatory for all guests and visitors
- Physical distancing of 2 meters, minimal direct contact
- Face masks to be worn in all inside areas unless consuming food or beverage
- Our restaurant will be open and operating at Delta Level 2 requirements including limiting numbers to 50 and physical distancing and served by a single person where possible
- Our shuttle bus is available if needed but where possible we request guests use their private vehicles
- To limit exposure for our team and guests, we will not be carrying out room services for those staying multiple nights but can deliver any items as required.
We will remain up-to-date and vigilant with the government’s advisory website to ensure we are doing our best to protect our team and our guests.