Latest Covid-19 Update
Since late March, New Zealand’s team of 5 million have sacrificed a lot to battle Covid-19 together and the country now currently sits at Alert Level 1.
At Alert Level 1, everyone can return without restriction to work, school, sports and domestic travel, and you can get together with as many people as you want. Controls at the borders remain for those entering New Zealand, including health screening and testing for all arrivals, and mandatory 14-day managed quarantine or isolation.
At Level 2, business can open to the public if following public health guidance including physical distancing and record keeping. Alternative ways of working are encouraged where possible.
For more information on this, see the Covid-19 government site.
What if I have to cancel?
We can’t remember a more unsettled time for travel which is why during these fast changing times, we have a simple 24-hour cancellation policy in place. If your plans change let us know the day before and we will refund you in full. One less thing to worry about.
We think it’s important to share with you how we intend to keep you safe and our team safe at Milford Sound Lodge.
Together with our team and taking on board best practice industry guidelines we have developed a thorough Covid-19 safety plan.
Under Alert Level 1, these include:
- Any guest who starts to feel unwell whilst onsite is required to self-isolate immediately by driving to Te Anau to see a doctor or call Healthline (0800 358 5453) for support. Unfortunately, we do not have the facilities in remote Milford Sound to facilitate self-isolation.
- Any team member feeling unwell will be immediately removed using our isolation procedure.
- Signage and information on our expectations and requirements are communicated ahead of time and displayed to both team and guests onsite.
In addition to the above, Under Alert Level 2 also includes:
- Physical distancing of 2 meters
- Our restaurant will ensure groups of guests are separated, seated and served by a single person
- Ensuring guests/visitors are contact tracing
- Limiting guests/visitors to under 100 people in any space at one time
We will remain up-to-date and vigilant with the government’s advisory website to ensure we are doing our best to protect our team and our guests.